Friday, December 5, 2008

Spiraling...

Things just seem to be getting out of control. I haven't had the strength or energy to update lately for several reasons. My mind has been flooded with heavy thoughts about my life and where it's going. I turned 24 on November 28, and I guess you could say I'm having a bit of a quarter-life crisis. It's just a bit of a funk and I'm sure I'll be out of it in a few days.

I've also been a little under the weather the past week. It all started when I ate some bad BBQ from a local restaurant here which left me with a terrible stomach ache for the past few days.

Then there is Dewey. Like many other bloggers, I'm still not quite over her passing. It's a sad thing to have happened and I find myself thinking of her and her family often. Her death has been a shock to my system and has in a way affected my blogging. However, I have found by reading other book blogs that so many people were inspired by her, and as a result, tons of people have rallied together to make sure her projects continue to live on. In times like this, that is nice to see.

Sorry for the "blah" post. Regardless of what has happened in the past week, I have continued to keep my head in a book. I find it's the best way to clear my head and relax. When life is crazy, pick up a book.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I turned 23 on Nov 21 and felt the same way for a couple of weeks. I'm just now pulling myself out of it and getting more into the holiday mood, but the week of my birthday and Thanksgiving were rough. I feel the same way you do. I hope you are also able to cheer up some and find some hope in the future. I'll be thinking of you! If you ever want to talk you can email me at christmasinmarch {at} gmail {dot} com or go to my blog christmasinmarch.blogspot.com. I know we don't even know each other, but sometimes that helps!

Ashley said...

Thanks so much for the comment. That's extremely sweet of you. While I'm exceptionally blessed, there are times when I get in ruts. Just gotta keep on truckin' I suppose. :)

 
Book and Cranny - Templates Novo Blogger