Monday, December 8, 2008

Wicked by Sara Shepard

**SOME SPOILERS-BEWARE**


Wicked is the latest installment in the Pretty Little Liars series by Sara Shepard. After the fourth novel in the series, Unbelievable, I was a little worried about where the plot line was going to go. I mean, they found out who A was, and they apparently found out who murdered Ali. However, I was pretty suspicious about who they pegged as the killer. Knowing that Shepard intends to write 8 novels in this series, I just have a feeling that the murderer isn't who we think it is.

In Wicked we have a new A, and I have absolutely no clue who it is (it also took me a while to find out who the first A was). So now I'm scratching my head and back in the same situation I was in before. Some part of me was mad at Shepard for putting me back in this situation, and another part was a little disappointed that this series didn't end with Unbelievable. Everything was wrapped up, and now I feel like Shepard and Alloy books are just trying to milk the series.

With that being said, I must admit that these books are so addicting and I can honestly say that I will probably buy and read the rest of the series. The next book, Killer, is due out in July 2009. If you're a fan of young adult fiction, and enjoy suspenseful reads then I suggest, once again, that you all look into this series.

3 comments:

Darlene said...

Ok, I didn't read the whole review because I am anxiously waiting for this one from the library. I have loved the whole series and am definitely a fan. I'll come back after I finally get the book.

Andrea said...

I hate reading series that aren't completely finished because I can't stand to wait for the next book. So if I do read these I'll wait until all all 8 are released or at least until #8 is nearing release!

Ashley said...

Dar- I tried to do my best by not revealing too much about the new book, other than what I thought of it. The spoilers are actually for the series as a whole. If you're a fan of the series, I'm sure you'll enjoy Wicked.

Andrea-I'm in the same boat as you. I like to get into a series when most of the books have already been released so I'm not stalled in my reading. When I got the first Pretty Little Liars book at a yard sale back in September, I didn't even know it was part of a series. It just looked like a book I would have fun reading (and it was!). So now I'm stuck waiting for the new books to be released. Although, I must say, Sara Shepard is fast at releasing her books-usually two a year so I don't have to wait too long. :)

 
Book and Cranny - Templates Novo Blogger