Monday, August 1, 2011

THANKSGIVING - JANET EVANOVICH




I’m going to make this short, but unfortunately not sweet which is really hard for me since Janet Evanovich is one of my favorite authors. So writing negative things about her are hard.

When Megan Murphy discovered a floppy-eared rabbit gnawing on the hem of her skirt, she meant to give its careless owner a piece of her mind, but Dr. Patrick Hunter was too attractive to stay mad at for long. Soon the two are making Thanksgiving dinner for their families.


Thanksgiving is one of the single author romance novels Evanovich wrote previous to her critically acclaimed Stephanie Plum series. I have read three other of the single author romance novels and have enjoyed each a lot. They are easy stories of love and attraction of opposites that you can get lost in but aren’t the cheesy burning loins of Harlequin romance novels. Thanksgiving is not an awful book by no means I just did not get the character relationships. Like all romance novels two people have to fall in love and this book is no different but these characters I just didn’t get the ooey gooey lovie dovie feeling. Plus the ending of the book is lacking. You never find out what happened to the baby in the book that they get to watch. Does he go back to live with his parents, but is it a happy life. Do Megan and Patrick have kids? Why is the rabbit which brought to them together never mentioned again after the first few chapters? So many questions that when I finished I literally said out loud “WHAT?” I felt as though I had just wasted the last few hours reading this book. So this book isn’t worth reading because it can actually make you think down on an author that is otherwise really fantastic.

0 comments:

 
Book and Cranny - Templates Novo Blogger