Saturday, November 8, 2008

Yard sales equal BIG scores!



Any reader as bad as I am will know, yard sales are the one place where you can stock up on books for MEGA cheap. Today at work, we had an employee yard sale in the front of our building, and while I didn't sell anything, I most certainly bought! As many of my colleagues were packing up items that didn't sell, I attached myself to them like a leech and bought all the books I could find.


While some aren't my taste, I bought them all anyway because I just couldn't pass them up. Since bookcrossing as become one of my big hobbies, I buy all books I see that are marked down because I just find it extremely fun to "release into the wild."


Here are my latest scores:

  • Mirror, Mirror by Judy Baer
  • The Baby Came C.O.D. by Marie Ferrarella
  • Where There's a Will by Day LeClaire
  • Missionary Daddy by Linda Goodnight
  • Message in a Bottle by Nicholas Sparks
  • The Five-Year Baby Secret by Liz Fielding
  • Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli
  • Three Weeks with My Brother by Nicholas Sparks
  • Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad
  • A Soldier's Heart by Marta Perry
  • Kelton's Rules by Peggy Nicholson
  • Someone Like You by Sarah Dessen
  • Best Friends for Never by Lisi Harrison
  • Invasion of the Boy Snatchers by Lisi Harrison
  • The Pretty Committee Strikes Back by Lisi Harrison
  • Dial L for Loser by Lisi Harrison
  • Revenge of the Wannabes by Lisi Harrison
  • That Summer by Sarah Dressen
  • Pretties by Scott Westerfeld
  • The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks
  • Sam's Letters to Jennifer by James Patterson
  • Angel Eyes by Myrna Mackenzie
  • Meeting Her Match by Debra Clopton
  • Nights in Rodanthe by Nicholas Sparks
Phew! Spending the early part of the afternoon labeling books was just the icing on the cake. I think most of the romance novels will ultimately be bookcrossed, but I'm sure most of the YA novels will be devoured pretty quickly. I've been on a teen lit reading frenzy lately.
I hope everyone else scores some good reads this weekend. Let me know what you come across; I'm always adding to my never ending wishlist.

0 comments:

 
Book and Cranny - Templates Novo Blogger