Sunday, October 5, 2008

Lusting.


While checking out Amazon.com one day, I saw an advertisement on their main page for their new ebook reader. The Amazon Kindle.
I've always liked the idea of an ebook but never felt compelled to buy one. The paper book always seemed more appealing to me. However, when I saw the Amazon Kindle and read all the features, I started drolling. I started showing it to anyone that would look and listen to be. I even begged.
This device has tons of cool features that other ebooks don't. First, it has wireless internet so you don't ever have to connect it to a computer to download new books. Just connect to the Amazon store and download wirelessly. It also has a built in dictionary and access to Wikipedia!
My favorite feature of all is the screen. The Amazon Kindle has "electronic paper" which basically means that the screen isn't back lit. The background of the screen is white so it reads just like paper. Your eyes won't be straining after reading like they would if you'd been staring at a computer screen for a while.
All the reviews I've read have been great. There were one or two people that didn't like the layout of the buttons, but most of the complaints have been of a cosmetic sort. The price tag? 350 dollars. Yes, it's a bit pricey but if you purchase it through Amazon, shipping is free.
I would like to tell you how I have personally enjoyed it, but I haven't been able to scrap up enough cash to purchase one yet. When I do, I'll be sure to post a review. Until then, if anyone has purchased one, please tell me how you like it or dislike it. I would love to know what others think.

0 comments:

 
Book and Cranny - Templates Novo Blogger