Friday, October 17, 2008

Read-A-Thon Book Choices

So I've been at work all day stressing about what to read tomorrow for the 24 Hour Read-A-Thon. Yeah, yeah. I know I've kind of waited until the last minute to figure all this out, but Covington, TN is not the place to buy books. I was hoping that while I was in Memphis yesterday I could stop by Goodwill and stock up on some good novels for cheap, but alas, I couldn't. I had to rush to Memphis after work, pick up my relatives and best friend, and head to the movie theater so we could wait in line in the freezing cold. BTW, The Secret Life of Bees movie was great! The movie stayed true to the book and was portrayed very well on film. Go see it!

Now let me get back on track. My book choices so far are as follows:

1. Sex Fantasies for Women by Women by Lisa Sussman
2. A Long Way Down by Nick Hornby
3. The Other Woman by Jane Green
4. Where or When by Anita Shreve
5. Enticing by Lori Foster
6. Navy Husband by Debbie Macomber
7. Lost and Found by Jacqueline Sheehan

I still need to go by Wal-Mart (Covington's only "bookstore") tonight and pick up something for the RIP III mini-challenge. Maybe some Stephen King (sigh), but hopefully I won't have to resort to that. Everyone knows Stephen King is not my favorite writer, to say the least.

I'll be waking up in the morning at 6am. That should give me enough time to take a quick shower, brew a pot of coffee, gather my books, and log online to set up my first blog of the 24 hours. I'm interested to check out other readers blogs as well and check in on their progress. It'll be fun to know that more than 100 readers will all be reading at the same time for a same common goal.

Please feel free to check in on me tomorrow and leave me a comment or two. I could use any kind words or encouragement tomorrow, especially in the later hours when my head is going to feel like a brick. I'm looking forward to it though. Bring on the books!

0 comments:

 
Book and Cranny - Templates Novo Blogger